The truth shall set you free. Though it “might” set you
free, it will surely leave you battered and bruised. I am still with the belief
that honesty (i.e. transparent honesty) in a relationship is a vital part,
though it does not always guarantee the success of the relation based solely on
it.
However, the very same blunt truths that we tell can become
lethal weapons if we choose to use them in that manner. Think about it, a
person does something that they know would not rest well with you and when you
ask they tell you about it bluntly; is that not trying to say “you crowding my
space”? On the other hand it could honestly mean trust and openness in the
‘relation’ the two shares between them. Therefore, with the two possibilities
said; would it not be only fair to consider how the receiving part may react to
the statements said? I recently was in the receiving end of such blunt truths,
though there was nothing wrong with it, but the way it was projected left me in
awe; wondering if this was the other option (using it as a push away weapon)
because it pretty much sounded that way.
The blunt truth is said to be able to set free, does that
apply to each and every situation? It will in most case put you in trouble worse
than you were in before you told it, because the truth is designed to ‘hurt’ so
to speak. Well, now that I have come to think of it, is there a truth that a
lie does not pave way for? Not that I can think of any, it might not
necessarily be an actual lie. I mean people say they did not tell the truth
because they thought you could not handle it, but I say there probably was a
lie/ action that the victim does not approve of that had been done before
realizing that the finding out may cause a deeper cut than when confessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment